Our wonderful Oxford team being our newest store to the family have only been open for less than a month and goodness, ALREADY they already created an absolute banger of a recipe!
Teabirds, feast eyes on the Unicorn “Smoothie”. With those gorgeous pastel colours this recipe is a beauTEA that’s for sure 😍
So for you tea lovers who haven’t yet heard about our Blue Raspberry blend, listen up:
Packed full with whole raspberries, delicate sencha green tea and the ever so magical blue pea flower. This blend is an absolute game changer! Being the most vivid blue colour to exist naturally anywhere in nature, the blue pea flower is a perfect ingredient to use as natural colouring making drinks recipes and baking super fun. Not only that, but it has the most gorgeous reaction to lemon juice, making the colours CHANGE (OOOOH!)
Tell me more
Now this stunning Unicorn “Smoothie” was created by our lovely Oxford Teabird, Isla.
Isla is a massive fan of smooth creamy drinks and LOVES to add plant based milks as they compliment blends more. She wanted to recreate a tea recipe that tastes like a smoothie that you would make in a blender, a flavour balance of fruits and coconut milk.
Isla is a big fan of our matcha lattes, especially the fruity blends like Nordic Berry and Super Matcha, so she was inspired by the green tea aspect and fruitiness of her fave matchas. She then thought of our loose leaf blend Blue Raspberry and how it is the PERFECT berry flavour for her smoothie experiment. As well as being yummy, it will create a magical storm of colours! 🌈
Super easy to make at home, try it yourself!
What to do:
- Start by brewing up a tea concentrate. Making sure to use 80 degree water (a little splash of cold before boiling water works)
- Brew 3 Perfect Tea Spoons of Blue Raspberry tea in 150ml of water for 3 mins, we use our Brewdini Gravity Steeper for the perfect mess free brewer and strainer
- Once brewed, leave to cool in a fridge
- Add ice to a glass, pour in the 150ml of Blue Raspberry concentrate
- Top up with coconut milk (or a milk of your choice)
- Add a squeeze of lemon to see some MAGIC
- enjoy and slip into a fantasy world of colours, fairies and unicorns!
If you are loving our Blue Raspberry tea and want to know more, check out these blogs here:
You can also have a go at making our communiTEA’s FAVE in store drinks special, The Unicorn Fizz!