Super food fans out there hear us out!
As some of you Teabirds know, we LOVE to blend our matchas with some incredibly super ingredients designed to be not only yummy, but with many health benefits too (acia, lucuma and baobab, yes please!). Thought you tried them all? Well check out this new kid on the block!
We are so excited to announce that we have collaborated with the wonderful indie business @Haskapa, the team behind the world’s first all-natural haskap superberry powder, to bring to you Haskap Matcha, a blend of both matcha and haskap berries, double trouble (the good kind 😉)
Haskapa was founded by husband and wife team Evie, a doctor, and Simon, a ‘green’ entrepreneur. They fell in love with the wonderful haskap berry back in 2010 and found a way to combine their passions for the environment, holistic health and ethical business by growing the berries in Nova Scotia, Canada.
But what is haskap you ask?!
The taste of haskap berries are tangy sweet berries that contain three times more antioxidants and four times more anthocyanins than blueberries (oooh!) Think of it as a super blueberry! The berries are also high in Vitamin C. Mamma Mia!
Now being the home of the most varieties of matcha blends in the world (no kidding!) and a banging in store menu, we know a thing or two about delicious iced matcha latte recipes which are easy for you to recreate at home!
So how about treating yourself with an indulgent, super detoxifying, super delicious sunny day delight?
A Iced Haskap Berry Matcha Latte
What you will need:
- 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon of HASKAP & MATCHA 75%
- 150ml of 80° water
- Coconut milk (or a plant based milk of your choice)
- A sweetener, we use vanilla syrup (optional)
- Matcha whisk
- Frozen berries
What to do:
- Add a Perfect Matcha Spoon of Haskap Matcha into your bowl.
- Add a 150ml of 80° water (do this by adding a splash of cold water first and then adding a splash of hot water). You need to whisk the matcha well to get rid of any lumps. The best way to do this is by using a bamboo matcha whisk (which is also the traditional way ;)) but if you don't have one of these, you can use a battery powered whisk instead!
- When the matcha is smooth, stir in your chosen sweetener.
- Then pour the matcha over a glass of ice and add a spoonful of frozen berries.
- Fill the glass to the top with coconut milk (or the milk of your choice!)
- Sip sip sip and enjoy!
If you are LOVING our Iced Matcha Recipes, check out our other recipes here!
Remember to tag us in your gorgeous photos @birdandblendtea
If you want to explore more of our wide range of matcha flavours see our collection here.