Mmmm, an indulgent Cream Egg tea-infused Scotch egg! Perfectly paired with a cup of chocolate tea too.
Follow this easy step by step recipe by Bird & Blend superfan Amy Lee, who is a member of Brew SocieTEA. Look out for the Brewbird Approved stamp on more recipes, reviews & features across our website and social media - that means it's been created by a member of our communiTEA!
What you will need:
- Box brownie mix (I know it's cheating but it's SO much easier to use and to infuse)
- Cadbury's Creme Eggs - I used 3
- 100g of bourbon cream crumbs
- 150g of melted milk chocolate
- 3 Perfect Tea Spoons Cream Egg Tea
What to do:
1. Follow the instructions to make the brownie, but replace the water with Cream Egg tea. Use three teaspoons of the loose leaf tea so that you get a strong tea, but don't infuse for any longer than normal.
2. You're going to need the brownie to be very soft- this is why its easier to use a packet mix, as you can pretty much guarantee that it's going to be the right consistency.
3. Once the brownie is cooked and cooled, put through the blender until the brownie is a sticky ball (appealing wording, I know!)
4. Mould the brownie around the egg.
5. Melt chocolate and coat the egg in the melted chocolate then sprinkle over the bourbon crumbs.
6. Leave to cool in the fridge & enjoy!
Keep your eyes peeled for our very exciting TEAster Collection coming Easter 2022!