Sustainability is super important to us at Bird & Blend. We’re working with a specialist sustainability expert (the lovely Cush, featured below!) to take a holistic view of our approach to environment & ethics. Cush is working on our SustainabiliTEA Manifesto by taking a deep dive on all things supply chain, product innovation, BCorp certifications, internal processes & more!
How does this fit into our crowdfund?
Well, we will be using part of the finances raised in our EquiTEA Crowdfund 2.0 to fund the work that Cush has started in taking us through our BCorp journey (keep your eyes peeled for more updates) as well as investing into our goals of making an impactful change in the world around us by kicking off meaningful social and environmental projects.
So let's hear more about our sustainabiliTEA goals!
We're trying to:
- Achieve Net-Zero emissions. This means reducing our emissions by 90% by 2030. Some of the plans involved in this will range from looking at installing solar panels to finding new environmentally friendly ways to ship our tea. We will pay for carbon capture through tree planting initiatives and other carbon reducing projects for the remaining emissions that we cannot eradicate.
- Become zero waste. We are already zero to landfill but we want to reduce the waste that is sent to incineration to be turned into energy. This means making sure all the resources we use to make packaging and products can either be reused or recycled. As well as monitoring that the resources we use are environmentally friendly.
- Have a bigger & better social impact. Expanding our chariTEA initiatives, to create bigger collaborations and partnerships that allow us to use our position as a business to create a positive impact on our communities.
- Advocate. Using our resources as a business to advocate for wider change at the local, national and global level. This is vital to ensure that we can achieve some of our goals as they are dependent on wider change in our communities.
- Achieve BCorp certification. We’re not too fussed about the points, we are using BCorp as a framework to improve our business, so that we know we are doing business for good as well as good business. We are excited to join a movement that is pushing business to focus on people and planet as well as profit.
If you like what you hear and want to become a part of the Bird & Blend family, then join us on this journey by signing up below & find out how you can invest!
Investments of this nature carry risks to your capital. Please invest aware.