Make a smooth & creamy iced matcha tea latte with a twist with this recipe using our brand new Banana Matcha Tea. It's green & bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S! This banana flavoured blend uses high quality Japanese matcha tea powder, finely ground to create the smoothest cup.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR A BANANA MATCHA ICED LATTE:
- 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon of Banana Matcha
- 150ml of 80° water
- A plant based milk (or milk of your choice)
- Vanilla syrup (optional)
- Matcha whisk
- One Banana
WHAT TO DO:
- Add a Perfect Matcha Spoon of matcha into your cup.
- Add a splash of 80° water (do this by adding a splash of cold water first and then adding a splash of hot water). You need to whisk the matcha well to get rid of any lumps. The best way to do this is to use a Bamboo Matcha Whisk (which is also traditional way) but you can also use a battery powered Hand Held Milk & Matcha Frother instead.
- Take your banana and mash it with a fork or pop it in a blender to create a smoothy like consistency. Add this to your favourite glass and pop some ice on top. You may not need a whole banana, judge this based on the size of your glass and now much fruit you would like!
- When the matcha is smooth and there are no lumps, pour the matcha over the glass of ice and banana.
- Add a few drops of vanilla syrup (this part is optional) and fill up the rest of your glass with your milk and stir!
Have a go at making the perfect Banana Matcha Iced Latte at home! Be sure to share your creations on socials and tag us @birdandblendtea so we can check out your works of art!