Get the ice ready Teabirds, have we got the ulTEAmate iced cocktail/ mocktail tea for you!
Brought to you from our instore menu, this amazing iced tea recipe uses our green tea blend MojiTEA (Mojito-tea, ya get it?!) And goodness is it refreshing, zingy and invigorating all at once!
Our expert Tea Mixologists love to add a little rum to make an incredible tea cocktail (yum!) Bursting with lime and mint flavours, its a winner to us and no wonder a top fan fave!
This recipe will make enough for 4-5 glasses!
What you will need
- 8 Perfect Tea Spoons of MojiTEA loose leaf tea
- 900ml 80° water
- Extra water
- Fresh mint leaves
- 3 limes
- White rum (for a cheeky cocktail!)
What to do:
- Brew your Mojitea tea for 3 minutes in 80° water. Top tip - you can boil water then add a splash of cold to get the temperature just right! (We find our Brewdini Gravity Steeper works perfectly for brewing as its mess free!) Strain and place in the fridge to cool. Alternatively, you can put the steeping tea in the fridge overnight using a Cold Brew Tea Bottle using the cold brew method ready for the next day. Check out our How to Cold Brew blog to see how it's done.
- Get your glasses or cocktail shaker and half-fill with ice once cooled.
- Squeeze 2 quarters of lime juice on top.
- Top up with 50ml water for a mocktail or 50ml of white rum for a cheeky cocktail. Then stir your glass or shake well & pour!
- To get that extra fresh flavour take a few mint sprigs and clap them in between your hands to release the flavour then add to each glass! For extra flare and flavour top with your lime wedges.
- The only step left TEAbirds is to relax, drink & enjoy!
You may have seen this blend on Amazon Prime Video’s Ready Set StartUP! Check out all the behind-the-scenes info from Krisi here!