Amy Lee has whipped up some blueberry matcha pancakes using our Super Matcha. Follow this easy recipe for a quick & healthy tea infused treat!
Serves: 1 (makes 5 small pancakes)
What you will need:
- 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon of Super Matcha
- 240g of plain flour
- 200ml of oat milk (or your preferred milk)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tea spoon of raw honey
- 240g of frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of cornflour
- 2 cups of water
- Little bit of lemon zest
What to do:
For the pancakes:
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat up a frying pan and use a teaspoon of coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Using a ladle, spoon a blob of pancake mix onto the pan about the size of the bottom of a mug.
- Make sure that the pancake is cooked evenly on both sides, flipping the pancake half way through.
For the blueberry sauce:
- Put about 2 cups of water into a saucepan.
- Add a cup of frozen blueberries to the water.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of cornflour.
- Put the sauce pan on a high heat until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Once it starts to bubble, turn the heat down and add a teaspoon of raw honey.
- Add a small bit of lemon zest.
- Take the pan off the heat once the sauce is no longer runny and has a slightly sticky consistency.
Make sure to tag us in any creations on social media @birdandblendtea!